JJ Loughran was recently asked to overhaul twenty-five S.E.W Eurodrive motors and gearboxes for a local food processor.
At JJ Loughran we believe in the importance of being able to not only supply new motors, gearboxes and drives, but also to repair and overhaul equipment. With state-of-the-art equipment including an IRD balancing machine and advanced test equipment, we can ensure all repairs are carried out to the highest standards.
It is not always cost effective to replace motors, drives and gearboxes, some may only require routine maintenance after an extended period of operation on site, this is why JJ Loughran engineering workshop is so critical in helping to ensure we support our customers in the most effective and ethical way possible.
Stocking a large range of electric motor and gearbox spare parts including, oil seals, ball/taper & insulated bearings, allows our engineers to carry out quick turnarounds on mission critical pieces of equipment.
The work we carried out was as follows on each of the units: –
- Mechanically dismantle motor and gearbox into individual parts
- Electrically Inspect unit
- Check mechanical dimensions to ensure they are within machine tolerances
- Clean all individual parts
- Varnish and stove stator
- Replace bearings with new SKF bearings in both the motor and gearbox
- Replace oil seals on both the motor and gearbox
- Fill gearboxes with food grade oil
- Reassemble & test run motor & then gearbox
- Clean & respray unit back to original OEM paint specification
- Deliver equipment back to site.
We utilised our advanced SKF baker tester to carry out the following tests before and after the overhaul of the units, and to check that all motor parameters were nominal and within manufactures tolerances.
Tests Included: –
- DC continuous ramped
- polarization index (PI)
- dielectric analysis