JJ Loughran has upgraded their current laser alignment system to the new SKF TKSA 41 shaft alignment tool. This is an advanced laser alignment solution for achieving extremely accurate shaft alignments. This system has two wireless measurement units, large sized detectors and powerful lasers; the instrument performs precise measurements in even the most challenging conditions.
The Main advantages of the SKF TKSA 41 are as follows:-
• Wireless communication which improves instrument handling and allows alignments of difficult to reach applications from a safe position.
• Free measurement allows alignment measurements to start at any angle and finish with an angular sweep of up to 90°.
• Automatic measurement enables hands-free measurements by detecting the head position and taking a measurement when the heads are rotated into the correct position.
• Automatic reports are generated after each alignment. The reports can be customised, producing notes and pictures from the built-in camera for the most comprehensive overview. All reports can be exported as pdf files.
• Live view supports intuitive measurements and facilitates horizontal and vertical alignments.
• Machine library gives an overview of all machines and alignment reports. QR codes can be used to further simplify machine identification and
Why Laser align?
Shaft alignment is recommended for almost every industry, as it enables machine uptime to be significantly improved and maintenance costs to be reduced.
Up to 50% of the damage to rotating machinery can be directly related to misalignment: –
Misalignment can lead to
• Premature bearing, seal, coupling and shaft failures
• Looseness of foundation bolts and base plates
• High Vibration and temperature
• Higher power consumption
• High maintenance costs