It is not always cost effective to replace motors, drives and gearboxes, some may only require routine maintenance after an extended period of operation on site, this is why JJ Loughran engineering workshop is so critical in helping to ensure we support our customers in the most effective and ethical way possible.
Recently we were asked to overhaul two 132Kw M3BP ABB 8 pole Motors, were the customer required a three-day turn-around. Stocking a large range of electric motor spare parts including insulated bearings, enables our engineers to carry out quick turnarounds on mission critical pieces of equipment.
The work we carried out was as follows: –
- Mechanically dismantling motor into individual parts
- Electrically Inspect unit
- Check mechanical dimensions on front & back endcaps to ensure within machine tolerances
- Clean all individual parts
- Varnish and stove stator
- Dynamically balance rotor
- Replace bearings with new SKF units (Insulated Type @ NDE)
- Reassemble & test run motor
- Clean & respray unit back to original OEM paint specification
- Deliver equipment back to site.
We utilised our advanced SKF baker tester to carry out the following tests before and after the overhaul to ensure the quality of the repair, and that all motor parameters were nominal and within manufactures tolerances.
- DC continuous ramped
- polarization index (PI)
- dielectric analysis